Dedicated to Quality
“Resources are hired to give results, not reasons.” Amit Kalantriutis
New autism diagnosis can be frightening. However, with the right support, autism does not have to be as stressful. Though sometimes challenging, raising a child with autism can be rewarding. How do I know? My amazing son has autism.
Here is a list of popular resources to get you started on your autism journey.
- Autism Speaks 100 Days Kit
- The National Autism Center’s A Parent’s Guide to Evidenced-Based Practice and Autism
- Autism Now
Raising a child with autism can be expensive. The type and duration of needed interventions determine the overall autism cost. Proper financial planning is important to managing your autism cost. Here is a list of financial resources that you might find helpful:
- Autism Speaks Financial Planning Tool Kit
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- Department of Housing and Urban Development for housing assistance
- Public school scholarship programs for children with disabilities including autism
- Community and state financial assistance
The Autism Parenting Magazine provides useful resources, including a Free Guide on the Autism Resources for Parents.